How Do I know what Muck Boot size I am?
TRICKS FOR MEASUREMENT
- Feet are 3-dimensional, any measuring device can only approximate your true size.
- Measure at the end of the day when your feet are at their largest.
- Tools: ruler, pen, and a piece of paper.
- Follow these steps:
- Place the paper on the ground and stand on it with your weight slightly forward to make sure your foot is flat.
- Draw a line behind your heel and another line in front of your longest toe. It is common to have one foot longer than the other, so use the longer foot to measure.
- Measure the distance between lines in inches or centimeters.
- Find your measurement on the Muck Boot size chart to figure out the best. Round up if your size falls in between.
- Boots and shoes are available in whole sizes only, but will stretch to fit half sizes. There is a 15mm toe allowance built into the sizing. For men who are a 1/2 size, order the next size up. For Women who are a 1/2 size order the next size down.
- Many of the best selling boots are built for men and women- they are called unisex sizing. Women should order 1 size down from the men's size shown. The size charts will help you find the perfect fit.
- Men's Size Chart | Women's Size Chart | Kids Size Chart
Will the boots fit a wide foot?
Yes. The boots are made to standard widths, but the materials will stretch to fit widths up to a EEE. For narrow feet, you can wear a thicker sock or put in an additional sock liner to take up room.
Should I wear a thick sock?
It isn't necessary unless activities are planned for extreme, cold conditions. The NEOPRENE bootie material is rated sub-zero during active use and will effectively withstand freezing temperatures for up to one hour. Medium-weight athletic socks should provide the best fit. The upper will stretch to accommodate thicker socks.
Will these boots allow my feet to breath?
One of the most important and revolutionary features of The Original Muck Boot Company® footwear is the structured, Breathable Airmesh lining used in all of the products. Airmesh is made up of thousands of tiny vertical fibers that allow air to circulate throughout the interior lining surfaces. Excess humidity and perspiration that might build up in the boot is quickly wicked away. This creates a comfortable environment for your feet that lasts for extended periods of use.
How should i clean and care for my boots?
The rubber shell and nylon upper are very durable and clean up easily with a spray of water or gentle scrubbing with mild soap and water. It is not recommended to use conditioners on the outsole area. This may cause it to become slick in wet or icy conditions.
Can The Rubber Be Repaired If Punctured?
Yes. The natural rubber can be repaired with sealant found in local hardware stores. The manufacturers recommend Aquaseal® brand marine sealant. First, clean the punctured area thoroughly with mineral spirits. Then, apply the sealant over affected area and wipe to a thin film. The sealant should air dry for at least 24 hours.
AQUASEAL® is a registered symbol of the McNett Corporation